at Health for Life Grand Rapids
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession that focuses on prevention and partnership with the patient to address and treat the root cause of their condition. The practice of Naturopathic Medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods.
- The Healing Power of Nature: the belief that each person, this includes you, has an inherent self-healing ability.
- Identify and Treat the Cause(s): to identify and treat the underlying causes of your dis-ease rather than merely suppress your symptoms.
- First Do No Harm: to avoid harming the patient Naturopathic doctor’s
-Use methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects,
-Use the least force necessary to diagnose and treat; and
-Avoid the harmful suppression of symptoms
- Doctor as Teacher: to increase the knowledge and understanding about your body, the treatments and options available to you.
- Treat the Whole Person: to treat you by taking into account all your mental, physical, emotional, genetic and social aspects of your health.
- Prevention: to emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions
- Identify the root cause of why you feel the way you do
- Provide you with powerful integrative tools for living your best life
- Give you the tools for improved blood circulation, organ health, and immune function
- Educate you on health and wellness from a vitalistic perspective
- Provide you with individualized supplemental recommendations and medical care
- Give you secrets for aging naturally and beautifully
- Provide you with tools to reduce your ability to become triggered
So you can:
- Have the keys to surpass the status quo and truly start living
- Be empowered with resources to achieve your goals
- Enjoy improved health so that you may taper and/or discontinue medications
- Feel beautiful inside and out
- Reconnect with your identity and community
- Live a healthier life
What our Naturopathic Doctors can help you with:
Relieve Emotional Distress
Get relief from depression, anxiety, stress, or mood disorders.
Decrease Physical Pain
Get relief from chronic pain, inflammation, and fatigue.
Reduce – or eliminate – the need to take so many medications each day.
Get a plan to prevent common diseases – before they happen!
Learn how to live your best life – in mind, body, and spirit!
Help a Family Member
Help a family member struggling with mental or physical pain.
Meet the Doctors:
*Dr. Nicole Cain ND MA and Dr. Gaynel Nave, ND are both licensed physicians in the state of Arizona. They can provide expert education in Michigan*
Name - Nicole Vega
Client quote: “Nicole has been my health coach for almost one year. I am so grateful for her participation and encouragement in my journey as I continue to work towards my personal goals. Nicole has inspired me to be a better version of who I am through her passion and commitment in helping others. She has provided me with [...]
Name - Nicole Vega
Client quote: “I met Nicole in grad school. Her warm energy and compassionate soul made her very approachable. She’s always been health conscious, from clean nutrition to mental health stability. When Nicole reached out to me after I’d had my daughter, I was so relieved. I was looking for a way to take charge of my health [...]
Name - Dr. Cain
Dr. Cain was awarded the Doctors Choice Awards top 100 Doctors of the Year in 2016. She was also the winner of the Doctors Choice Awards Family & General Practitioner of the Year in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2016. She was awarded physician of the month in both August and September of 2016. http://www.doctorschoiceawards.org/nominees/dr-nicole-cain/
Name - Dr. Matthias
Professional quote: “Dr. Ronald Matthias has given a 5 out of 5 star rating on November 29, 2016 on Doctors Choice Awards: ‘Dr. Nicole Cain is an amazing physician. I had the good fortune of studying under her while in medical school. I am the doctor I am today in large part because of her. There is no better [...]
Name - Actual Patient
Patient quote: “Dr. Cain is different than any other clinician I have worked with. I know she really cares about me and she spent a lot of time with me working to understand my experience. When I started working with Dr. Cain I was taking 5 different medications and I have been able to discontinue all of them. I [...]
Name - Paul Krauss
Professional quote: "I'm pleased to recommend Paul as a talented and diligent therapist. During our time together as clinicians at Jewish Family and Children's Service, we facilitated adolescent therapy groups and staffed with each other regarding the clients and families we were both involved in providing services for. During these and other interactions, Paul consistently demonstrated professionalism, genuine care, [...]
Name - Actual Patient
Patient quote: “Paul, I think I know why I can be open with you and not all of the other counselors I have seen. Because I deep down truly and fully and in my heart BELIEVE that you CARE, about me, and about everyone. That is how you made yourself SO good at what you do. And that makes [...]