at Health for Life Grand Rapids
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession that focuses on prevention and partnership with a client to address and treat the root cause of their condition. The practice of Naturopathic Medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods. At Health for Life Grand Rapids, our Naturopathic Consultants can provide expert education about the principles of Naturopathic Medicine, but cannot practice Naturopathic Medicine in Michigan (as Naturopathic Consultants are not yet licensed in Michigan). Our Naturopathic Consultants will serve as your educational guide and offer you expert consultation.
- The Healing Power of Nature: the belief that each person, this includes you, has an inherent self-healing ability.
- Identify and Treat the Cause(s): to identify and treat the underlying causes of your dis-ease rather than merely suppress your symptoms.
- First Do No Harm: to avoid harming the patient Naturopathic consultant’s
-Use methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects,
-Use the least force necessary to diagnose and treat; and
-Avoid the harmful suppression of symptoms
- Consultant as Teacher: to increase the knowledge and understanding about your body, the treatments and options available to you.
- Treat the Whole Person: to treat you by taking into account all your mental, physical, emotional, genetic and social aspects of your health.
- Prevention: to emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions
- Identify the root cause of why you feel the way you do
- Provide you with powerful integrative tools for living your best life
- Give you the tools for improved blood circulation, organ health, and immune function
- Educate you on health and wellness from a vitalistic perspective
- Provide you with individualized supplemental recommendations and medical care
- Give you secrets for aging naturally and beautifully
- Provide you with tools to reduce your ability to become triggered
So you can:
- Have the keys to surpass the status quo and truly start living
- Be empowered with resources to achieve your goals
- Enjoy improved health so that you may taper and/or discontinue medications
- Feel beautiful inside and out
- Reconnect with your identity and community
- Live a healthier life
What our Naturopathic Consultation can help you with:
Relieve Emotional Distress
Get relief from depression, anxiety, stress, or mood disorders.
Decrease Physical Pain
Get relief from chronic pain, inflammation, and fatigue.
Reduce – or eliminate – the need to take so many medications each day.
Get a plan to prevent common diseases – before they happen!
Learn how to live your best life – in mind, body, and spirit!
Help a Family Member
Help a family member struggling with mental or physical pain.
Meet the Consultants:
*Nicole Cain, ND MA is a licensed physician in the state of Arizona. Michigan does not yet license Naturopathic Consultants and so she is able to provide expert education, but cannot practice medicine. You must be actively seeing primary care physician to participate in Naturopathic Consultation at Health for Life Grand Rapids.*
Name - Nicole Vega
Client quote: “Nicole has been my health coach for almost one year. I am so grateful for her participation and encouragement in my journey as I continue to work towards my personal goals. Nicole has inspired me to be a better version of who I am through her passion and commitment in helping others. She has provided me with [...]
Name - Nicole Vega
Client quote: “I met Nicole in grad school. Her warm energy and compassionate soul made her very approachable. She’s always been health conscious, from clean nutrition to mental health stability. When Nicole reached out to me after I’d had my daughter, I was so relieved. I was looking for a way to take charge of my health and nutrition [...]
Name - Nicole Cain, ND MA
"Nicole Cain, ND MA is an incredibly talented healer, the best I’ve ever had. She gives you more than 7 minutes, nods, pokes, and writes a script for pills. She is like nothing you have likely seen before in healthcare. She’ll completely change your view of what is possible and what WELLNESS can be." - Actual Client
Name - Dr. Matthias
Professional quote: “Dr. Ronald Matthias: I am the consultant I am today in large part because of Nicole Cain, ND MA. There is no better Naturopathic consultant that I have worked with who has an amazing ability to relate to her clients. She is tough, thorough, and detailed, and her clients love her for it. I am proud to [...]
Name - Paul Krauss
Professional quote: "I'm pleased to recommend Paul as a talented and diligent therapist. During our time together as clinicians at Jewish Family and Children's Service, we facilitated adolescent therapy groups and staffed with each other regarding the clients and families we were both involved in providing services for. During these and other interactions, Paul consistently demonstrated professionalism, genuine care, [...]
Name - Actual Patient
Patient quote: “Paul, I think I know why I can be open with you and not all of the other counselors I have seen. Because I deep down truly and fully and in my heart BELIEVE that you CARE, about me, and about everyone. That is how you made yourself SO good at what you do. And that makes [...]