Paul Krauss MA LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor, Trauma Therapist, Professional Consultant, Approved Clinical Supervisor
Michigan State University, The Chicago School of Professional
EMDR Level II Certified, ACRA Certified, Approved ACRA Trainer, Michigan Board of Counseling Approved Clinical Supervisor (Mentoring Institute Certified Supervisor), and Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners Approved Clinical Supervisor.
Biography: I deeply believe that each and every human being has the potential to transform in a powerful way—no matter their past, their circumstances, or current challenges. I am naturally intrigued by your story and am passionate in my approach to have you reach beyond your goals, beyond your pain, and beyond what seems possible. The great thing about counseling, is that it has been scientifically proven to work over and over again. In fact, recent research in neurology has shown positive changes in the brain during and post counseling. From helping high achievers overcome barriers to growth to helping those suffering from anxiety, depression, trauma, addiction and other maladies to have a higher quality of life and even recover completely. No matter what is going on in your life, I have over a decade of clinical experience, and the tools, skills and expertise to help you get the results you desire. I draw upon your inner strength, set goals with you, work with you to build new skills, help you to remove barriers, and utilize highly specialized techniques to help you get free of what is holding you back in the present and holding you down from your past. I am extremely conscientious and therefore, if I did not specialize in what you are dealing with, I will refer you to a trusted colleague immediately. I have consistently expanded my knowledge base since obtaining my Master’s degree through independent study, consultation, and learning from some of the greats in the field of psychology, attending lectures and trainings from: Dr. Robert J. Meyers, Dr. Francine Shapiro, Dr. Dan Siegel, Dr. James Hillman, Dr. Scott Miller, Bill O’ Hanlon, Jack Kornfield, Dr. Irvin Yalom, Dr. Erving Polster, Dr. David Burns, Dr. Aaron Beck, Dr. Donald Meichenbaum, Dr. Salvador Minuchin, Dr. Jeffery Kottler, Mike Speakman (Founder of PAL), and Kathleen Martin, LCSW, among others. Let’s work together to achieve your goals.
To learn more about Paul go here www.paulkrausscounseling.com.
Paul Krauss works with clients in the Grand Rapids area and also has the ability to do online therapy with those who request it in the state of Michigan
Areas of specialization
- Depression, Anxiety, Relationship Problems
- Overcoming Trauma & PTSD
- What should I do with my life?
- Long Term & Short-Term Solution Focused Therapy
- Counseling for Leaders and High Achievers
- Social Anxiety
- Quarter-life/ Mid-life Crisis Turn Around
- Finding a Sense of Purpose
- Helping the Parents Of Young Adults and Teenagers
- Takes Insurance
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- Physicians HealthCare (ASR)
- Priority Health
- Beacon (Value Options)
- Out of Network Benefits
- Reduced Cash Rates and Package Details available.
- Call Paul Directly: 616-365-5530
- Email Paul [email protected]
- If out of network, we will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
What Counseling Can Do For Me
- Increase your ability to become a top performer and high achiever
- Gain a greater sense of meaning, satisfaction, and enjoyment in your life.
- Learn to connect more fully in your relationships.
- Learn how to handle anxiety, stress, and anger.
- Get rid of your depression.
- Improve your self-esteem, which can lead to better outcomes in your life.
- Gain insight as to what triggers negative thought patterns and help you attain
freedom from these.
- Learn to be assertive and not let people walk all over you.
- Start getting past your past.
- Learn to have the healthy boundaries you deserve in your relationships.
- Improve intimacy and trust in your love life.
- Discover how to treat yourself with respect.
- Acquire a sense of wellbeing about your future.
- Overcome self-destructive behaviors, addictions, and habits.
- Thrive during challenging life transitions.
- Start to repair old friendships and/or develop new ones.
- Move on a path toward fulfilling and balanced work.
- Click here to learn more about how Paul Krauss can help you.
- Complimentary 15 minute Consultation to find out if
counseling is right for you.
- A Complete and thorough Evaluation for Services
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Career Counseling
- EMDR and Trauma Recovery Counseling
- Education on Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Consulting for Business Leaders and High Achievers
- Family Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
- Counseling utilizing Existential, Humanistic, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Trauma-Informed, Depth Psychology, ACRA, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Solution-Focused, Motivational Interviewing, Strengths-based, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and much more.
Paul Krauss MA LPC is a therapist in Grand Rapids, MI with extensive training and experience providing EMDR therapy. Paul Krauss provides counseling in the West Michigan area and is an expert at treating trauma utilizing EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy), but also works with people suffering from anxiety, depression, relationship issues, social anxiety, and many other concerns. Paul is devoted to bringing high quality therapy and counseling to Grand Rapids and is the co-founder of Health for Life Grand Rapids. In addition to being level II certified by the official EMDR institute , Paul is also ACRA certified by Dr. Robert J. Meyers and is also an expert on working with teenagers, young adults, and their parents regarding issues of addiction. If you are looking for someone who knows the field of psychology well, has over 10 years of experience in counseling, has definite cultural competency from both life experiences, living in various places through his life ( Chicago, Michigan, Phoenix, AZ, Ireland), and traveling extensively, and has a non judgemental and balanced approach to the human condition, relationships, and different life philosophies–then call Paul today: 616-365-5530. If you are looking for counselors (or counsellors) in Grand Rapids, MI, Paul has also developed a separate resource page here.