Nicole Vega LMSW, CHC
Therapist, Certified Health Coach
University of West Florida, Western Michigan University-Master’s Degree in Social Work, Clinical Focus.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Health Coach.
“I see symptoms such as anxiety and depression as messages from our body that there is an underlying issue that needs to be addressed. It is my purpose to walk with you in your most challenging times, so that our work can be a catalyst for self-discovery and healing. There is no one size fits all when it comes to therapy, and the foundation of true recovery begins with a strong therapeutic relationship and meeting you where you are, so you the client can move forward to create positive changes in your life. As both a therapist and health coach I am able to meet with you and tailor an individualized program to meet your needs dependent on your goals. Whether you are looking to create physical, mental, or emotional changes I have the skill set to meet you in a clinical relationship as a therapist or as a behavioral guide through coaching.
I have many years of experience as both a social worker and clinician, working in mental health, primarily in medical settings. I have had the privilege of being part of many multidisciplinary teams where I have been able to work with a variety of patients facing various life changes and challenges.. It is this experience which has led me to believe in treating the whole person, rather than individual parts or symptoms. I would love to have the honor to work with you and be a part of assisting you in reaching your health goals.” – Nicole V.
Nicole Vega is a fully licensed clinician and certified health coach. Nicole received her Master’s in Clinical Social Work in 2012 from Western Michigan University and became certified as a health coach in 2016. Her work is founded on the principle that individuals are the experts of their own lives, and therefore their own best healers. Nicole believes it is her role to establish a safe therapeutic space where she can assist her clients in focusing on their strengths and uncovering the tools needed to address what is causing them discomfort and stress in their lives; which may be manifesting as anxiety, depression, weight gain or other obstacles.
In addition to using a holistic therapeutic approach to counseling that considers a person’s mind, body, and spirit; Nicole is also trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing also known as EMDR. Nicole uses this technique along with an intuitive approach to guide clients into healing from past traumas or adverse life events that lead to anxiety, depression, and post traumatic stress disorder.
Questions? You can email Nicole at [email protected]
To learn more about Nicole’s work, check out our blog, where she posts frequently.
Nicole Vega provides therapy for women at Health for Life Grand Rapids.
Specialization in Helping Women
- Postpartum Depression and Anxiety
- Major Life/Relationship Changes
- Helping Women Overcome Anxiety and Depression.
- Perinatal Mood Disorders in Women
- Support for caregivers of individuals suffering with Dementia
What can Counseling do for me?
- Increase your overall sense of well-being
- Create inner resilience to tackle various life challenges
- Allow for a better understanding of what you need to thrive
- Establish a better understanding of what is needed for self-care
- Create strong relationships and improved life satisfaction
- Decrease feelings of isolation, anxiety, and depression
- Develop a skillset for identifying healthy relationships, passions, and work/life balance
- Empower your drive to choose better options for yourself, your family, and your career
- Complimentary 15-minute consultation to figure out which services are right for you.
- Individual Health Coaching Sessions
- Therapy utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Person Centered Therapy.
- Nicole has expertise in helping Women.
- Nicole believes in utilizing multiple modalities in her practice to best meet the needs of her clients.
- Nicole wants her clients to feel empowered and have health for their whole life.
- EMDR Therapy
Nicole Vega LMSW CHC is a therapist who is an expert in female counseling in Grand Rapids, MI. Nicole Vega has devoted her West Michigan counseling practice to empowering and helping women. Nicole Vega provides counseling for women experiencing postpartum depression and anxiety. In addition to providing excellent counseling and therapy services, Nicole Vega also provides lifestyle coaching both in-person in Grand Rapids as well as online. Nicole Vega utilizes a holistic approach to counseling, which helps people heal in mind, body, and soul. At times, Nicole Vega has run a postpartum support group for women in Kent County.