Joshua Nave, LLMSW.
EMDR Therapy for Anxiety, Trauma, and Minority Groups
Huntington University, University of New England
EMDR Level II Certified, over 5 years of experience working in the field of social work, and 3 years of experience providing specialized trauma and anxiety recovery therapy. Joshua also possesses experience working with a variety of populations, including members of the LGBTQ and BIPOC community. Get started today
I became a social worker and ultimately a therapist to assist in God’s mission to bring healing to my neighbor, no matter how different my neighbor’s life is from my own. As such, I take the approach of trying to integrate my client’s unique experiences, beliefs, and goals for their life into the therapy environment in order to achieve their goals. Through my years of experience working with struggling people of all ages and backgrounds, the main aspect that I found held many people back from achieving the life they desired was the pain they had experienced while being on this earth, as well as the pain of our family members who came before us. These pains manifest themselves as anxiety, feelings of powerlessness, and at times hopelessness in our present life. This is especially true in our minority communities that have experienced racism, prejudice over sexuality or gender, and have been marginalized by the very make up of our society. Whatever the cause of your pain, we can begin to heal from it by coming to acknowledge its presence, the impact it has on our day to day life, and creating a safe place where we can freely explore it, giving the pain the freedom to heal. Utilizing EMDR therapy, we access your body’s natural ability to recover from your past experiences, and gain additional resilience for the world we still live in. Together, we will take steps to regain your power in order to reclaim your story.
Areas of Specialization
- Phobias (Fears)
- Panic Disorders
- Early Childhood Development and Parenting Skills Training
- Relationship Skills Training
- Relaxation Skills Training
- Faith-Based Therapy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Physicians HealthCare (ASR)
- Straight Medicaid
- Blue Cross Complete
- Out of Network Benefits
- Accepts HSA cards
- Cash Rates and Package Details available. Call 616-232-6171.
- If out of network, we will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Late Hours Available
- Understanding Your Young Child
- Understand Your Young Child Part 2
- Overcoming Dormant and Present Traumas with EMDR Therapy
- Fostering Effective Communication, Communication Styles
- Fostering Effective Communication, An Introduction
- EMDR, What to Expect
- How to be an Effective Ally
- Effective Communication: Are you responding to what is being said, or, to what you are feeling?
- Complimentary 15 Minute Phone Consultation
- Diagnostic Evaluation of Symptoms and Mental Conditions
- Individual Talk Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Faith Based Individual Therapy
- Parenting Skills Training
- Communication Skills and Relationship Focused Individual Therapy
- Therapy services include: Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training, Parenting Skills Training, Narrative Therapy, and Solution-Focused Therapy Approaches, Strengths Based Approaches
Joshua Nave, LLMSW is a therapist in Grand Rapids, MI that offers trauma informed talk therapy and EMDR services to individuals suffering from anxiety and trauma. Joshua identifies as a white, Progressive Christian, cisgender male who currently is in a closed monogamous relationship. Joshua has been offering specialized trauma and anxiety services for over three years to a diverse community of individuals, and seeks to offer healing to all people. His therapy approach focuses on integrating his client’s beliefs, cultural and family history, and unique story into the therapy approach in order to accurately help the whole person. Joshua is interested in helping any individual, regardless of race or background, overcome their own trauma, accessorial trauma, or simply their anxiety about life in order to better obtain the life they want.
Promoting Emotional Wellbeing is Only a Click a Way