Joshua Nave, MA LLMSW.
Early Childhood Intervention and EMDR for Children, Parents, and Adults
Huntington University, University of New England
Over 4 years of experience working in the field of therapy working with Adults, Families and Children. Specializing in EMDR therapy and Trauma-Informed Modalities. Over 2 years of experience working specifically in the field of infant toddler emotional wellness.
I became a social worker and ultimately a therapist to assist in God’s mission to bring healing to the hurt. Through my years of work in the field of trauma, behavioral health, and the broader social work field, I discovered that many of us are held back from reaching true healing by the traumas and lessons imparted on us in our early childhood. It has thus been my passion over the past several years to provide early childhood intervention to families struggling when their young children, as well as assisting adults in overcoming the barriers to healthy living through trauma informed therapies. I have used my training in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Play Therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) to assist my clients in achieving a more complete and healthy life. It is my belief that all individuals have not only intrinsic value, but also the natural capacity for healing and change.
As a therapist, I provide my clients a truly “client driven experience.” I am skilled at partnering with you to identify the changes that you wish to make in your family’s life, or even your individual life, and developing a plan to achieve success. I look forward to partnering with you on reaching your potential through natural healing!
Areas of Specialization
- Overcoming dormant and present traumas with EMDR Therapy
- Assisting Families with Young Children
- Fostering Effective Communication in Family Units
- Providing Early Childhood Developmental Assessments
- Takes Insurance?
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- ASR (coming soon)
- Physicians HealthCare (ASR) (coming soon)
- Out of Network Benefits
- Accepts HSA cards
- Cash Rates and Package Details available. Call 616-200-4433.
- If out of network, we will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Late Hours Available
- Complimentary 15 minute Consultation to find out if counseling is right for you
- A Complete and thorough Evaluation for Services
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- EMDR Therapy Services
- Infant Emotional Wellbeing Assessments
- Birth to Five Specialized Therapy Services
- Parenting Skills Training
- Therapy services include: Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral
- Therapy, Strengths-based, Faith-based, Play Therapy, and Solution Focused Techniques
Joshua Nave, LLMSW is a therapist in Grand Rapids, MI that offers trauma informed services many age groups. Joshua previously held position of Birth to Five Specialist at Arizona’s Children Association, assisting children who had experienced trauma, as well as their families. Joshua received training under Dr. Robbie Tappia in EMDR, and has been utilizing EMDR to successfully promote mental wellness in his patient populations. Joshua has regularly provided family sessions for parents and their young children, assisting parents to not only understand and promote health in their young children, but also in the parents as well. Joshua has also utilized faith-based approaches in the past to assist clients as well.
Promoting Emotional Wellbeing is Only a Click a Way