Joshua Nave, LLMSW.
EMDR Therapy for Adults and Children with Trauma and Anxiety
Huntington University, University of New England
EMDR Level II Certified, over 5 years of experience working in the field of social work, and 2 years of experience providing specialized trauma and anxiety recovery therapy. Joshua also possesses over three years working with children ages 0 to 13 and their families.
Get started today
I became a social worker and ultimately a therapist to assist in God’s mission to bring healing to the hurt. Through my years of experience working with struggling people of all ages, it became clear to me that many of us are held back from the lives we want due to our past experiences. That is why I’ve made it a goal in my career to specialize in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Therapy, a technique designed to help all individuals recover from anxiety and trauma that holds them back from ultimately being happy with their lives. In addition to EMDR, I also have training in ACT, CBT, Narrative, Solution-Focused Therapy, and mindfulness based stress reduction techniques, as well as an extensive background in early childhood development and parenting skills training, in order to better address all of my clients’ unique needs. It is my belief that all individuals have not only intrinsic value, but also the natural capacity for healing and change achieving the lives they want.
As a therapist, I provide my clients a truly “client driven experience.” I am skilled at partnering with you to identify the changes that you wish to make in your life, or even your family’s life, and developing a plan to achieve success. I look forward to partnering with you on reaching your best life!
Areas of Specialization
- Phobias (Fears)
- Panic Disorders
- Early Childhood Development and Parenting Skills Training
- Relationship Skills Training
- Relaxation Skills Training
- Faith-Based Therapy
- Takes Insurance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Physicians HealthCare (ASR)
- Out of Network Benefits
- Accepts HSA cards
- Cash Rates and Package Details available. Call 616-232-6171.
- If out of network, we will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Late Hours Available
- Complimentary 15 minute Consultation to find out if counseling is right for you
- A Complete and thorough Evaluation for Services
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- EMDR Therapy Services
- Faith Based Therapy (not required for services)
- Birth to Five Specialized Therapy Services
- Parenting Skills Training
- Therapy services include: Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training, Parenting Skills Training, Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral (TF-CBT)
- Strengths-based, Faith-based, Play Therapy, and Solution Focused Techniques
Joshua Nave, LLMSW is a therapist in Grand Rapids, MI that offers trauma informed services to many age groups. Joshua previously held position of Birth to Five Specialist at Arizona’s Children Association, assisting children who had experienced trauma, as well as their families. Joshua received training under Dr. Robbie Tappia in EMDR, and has been utilizing EMDR for over 2 years to assist with anxiety, fear, and trauma symptoms. Joshua has regularly provided family sessions for parents and their young children, assisting parents to not only understand and promote health in their young children, but also in the parents as well. Joshua has also utilized faith-based approaches for those individuals looking to integrate their faith into therapy.
Promoting Emotional Wellbeing is Only a Click a Way