Adam Nash MA LLPC
Limited Licensed Professional Counselor
University of Northwestern St. Paul, Spring Arbor University
Over 10 years of experience working with teenagers in a variety of settings, including as a community mentor, clinician at a medical facility, and more.
My deepest held belief is that people possess incredible potential to do extraordinary things with their lives. However, many people feel hindered by difficult circumstances or burdened by past hurts. Adolescents often find themselves struggling to find their identity, navigate changing demands as they develop, and make difficult decisions regarding their future. I have a passion to see teens realize their potential and build upon skill and strengths they already possess. Through the use of goal setting and solution-focused techniques, my aim is to help adolescents live a healthy and successful life. I have been working with teens for over 12 years and am passionate about seeing teens grow in to healthy adults. I have training in Solution-Focused Therapy, Play Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral therapy, I love using the skills I have learned to work with Anger Teenagers and Teens who are struggling academically so that they can live a more effective life. As a counselor, I believe we all bring unique perspectives to the therapeutic experience. If my theoretical orientation or area of specialization does not fit the needs of my client, I will be more than happy to refer you to a trusted colleague who can effectively work with you. I look forward to journeying together to help you become the healthiest you that you can be!
“The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” -Carl Rogers
Adam Nash works with teens and parents in the Grand Rapids area and also has the ability to do online therapy with those who request it in the state of Michigan
Areas of specialization
- Counseling for Angry and Defiant Teenagers
- Overcoming Social Struggles
- College and Career Preparation
- Counseling for Reaching Educational Goals
- Overcoming Unhealthy Sexual Issues
- Prevention for Anxiety and Depression in Teens
- Takes Insurance?
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Out of Network Benefits
- Accepts HSA cards
- Cash Rates and Package Details available. Call 616-200-4433.
- If out of network, we will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Late Hours Available: Counseling appointments 12-8pm.
How Counseling Can Help Your Teen
- Discovering and Achieving Goals
- Learn How to Mange Anger Through Positive Coping Skills
- Prepare for College
- Gain a Better Understand of What Triggers Defiance and Develop Appropriate Coping Skills
- Learn How to Build and Develop Healthier Relationships
- Increase Your Ability to Perform at a High Level
- Develop the Ability to Live in Freedom from Anger and Social Anxiety
- Over Come Self-Destructive Behaviors
- Learn to Thrive in All of Life’s Challenges
- Form a Positive Self Image and Healthy Self-Esteem
- Complimentary 15 minute Consultation to find out if
counseling is right for you.
- A Complete and thorough Evaluation for Services
- Individual Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Education for Teenagers on Health And Safety
- Using a Strengths-Based Approach
- Teaching Healthy Coping Skills for Anger
- How to Cope with Anxiety and Depression
- Family Counseling
Adam Nash LLPC is a counselor in Grand Rapids, MI who specializes in counseling for teenagers. Adam is especially helpful in working with counseling for teens who are dealing with anger issues. Adam has years of experience helping teens struggling with depression. Adam uses counseling many counseling skills to help teenagers suffering from anxiety and depression. Adam likes to help the entire family and will provide counseling for the parents and families of teenagers who are angry, depressed, anxious, or are going through a difficult time.