Adam Nash MA LLPC
Limited Licensed Professional Counselor
University of Northwestern St. Paul, Spring Arbor University
Over 12 years of experience working with people of all ages and stages of life. 3 years of the 12 years of experience working in a Trauma Informed Care Center.
“When you get your, ‘who am I?, question right, all or your, ‘what should I do?’ questions tend to take care of themselves”- Richard Rohr- Falling upward.
Throughout my 12 years of experience, working with people of all ages, I have come to believe that everyone is capable of living their best possible life however we all sometimes need support in order to reach our goals. Often, we are held back by past struggles, or abuse, or unhealthy relationships that prevent us from living our best life. I have a desire to meet Men and Young Adults where they are and help them build a healthier life by overcoming past hurts and answering the question of ‘who am I?’ in order to live a happier life.
One of the biggest things I have seen in my 12 years of working with people I have come to see that the process of living a happier life often takes the willingness to ask for support and Therapy is a great place to get this support. Because of this belief I have training in Solution-Focused Therapy, Play Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral therapy, Trauma Informed Therapy, and Internal Family Systems, and I love using the skills I have learned to work with Men and Young Adults dealing with Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Relationship Problems and Depression. If you are struggling with one of those things today is a great day to start the journey to living a healthier and happier life.
“The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” -Carl Rogers
Adam Nash works with teens and parents in the Grand Rapids area and also has the ability to do online therapy with those who request it in the state of Michigan
Areas of specialization
- Overcoming Social Struggles
- College and Career Preparation
- Counseling for Reaching Educational Goals
- Overcoming Unhealthy Sexual Issues
- Prevention for Anxiety and Depression
- Counseling for Angry and Defiant Teenagers
- Counseling for Men with Anger
- Overcoming Depression for Men
- Counseling for Parents in need of support
- Counseling for Men with Anxiety
- Takes Insurance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Physicians HealthCare (ASR)
- Out of Network Benefits
- Accepts HSA cards
- Cash Rates and Package Details available. Call 616-200-4433.
- If out of network, we will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Late Hours Available: Counseling appointments 12-8pm.
How Counseling Can Help Your Teen
- Discovering and Achieving Goals
- Learn How to Mange Anger Through Positive Coping Skills
- Prepare for College
- Gain a Better Understand of What Triggers Defiance and Develop Appropriate Coping Skills
- Learn How to Build and Develop Healthier Relationships
- Increase Your Ability to Perform at a High Level
- Develop the Ability to Live in Freedom from Anger and Social Anxiety
- Over Come Self-Destructive Behaviors
- Learn to Thrive in All of Life’s Challenges
- Form a Positive Self Image and Healthy Self-Esteem
- Complimentary 15 minute Consultation to find out if
counseling is right for you.
- A Complete and thorough Evaluation for Services
- Individual Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Education for Teenagers on Health And Safety
- Using a Strengths-Based Approach
- Teaching Healthy Coping Skills for Anger
- How to Cope with Anxiety and Depression
- Family Counseling
Adam Nash LLPC is a counselor in Grand Rapids, MI who specializes in counseling for Men, Teens and Parents of Teens. Adam is especially helpful in working with counseling for those who are dealing with anger issues. Adam has years of experience helping people struggling with depression. Adam uses many counseling skills to help people suffering from anxiety and depression. Adam likes to help the entire family and will provide counseling for the parents and families of teenagers who are angry, depressed, anxious, or are going through a difficult time.