– All our counselors accept insurance. Our Naturopathic Doctor, however, does not. This means that we are a cash pay office, and payment is due at time of service. We would love to go over those prices with you, call 616-200-4433.
– You may run any suggested lab work by Dr. Cain through your insurance. However, we always suggest calling the number on the back of your insurance card and asking if lab work will be covered by an out of network provider.
– If you are located in the state of Arizona, yes.
– If you are located outside the state of Arizona, or have Medicare/Medicaid, no.
– Dr. Cain has two offices. One in Grand Rapids, MI and the other in Scottsdale, AZ. She goes back and forth between the two. She will spend a majority of the summer in Michigan, and a majority of the winter in Arizona. However, you can still meet with her no matter where she is in the country. We offer phone and telemedicine visits. VSee, a HIPAA protected application similar to Skype, is a great resource we use often. Dr. Cain still has great success with her patients remotely.
– Cash, Credit Card, Check, HSA and Flexible Spending Account cards.
-Your first appointment is your Medical Consultation, and this is 1.5 hours. During this appointment, you and Dr. Cain will go over previous medical history, medications, and blood work. During this time Dr. Cain will be able to get vital information to pinpoint why you feel the way you feel. At the end of this appointment, Dr. Cain will typically suggest lab work and supplements. These are not included in the new patient investment. However, you may run your lab work through your insurance.
-Your second appointment is your Homeopathic Consultation, and is 2 hours long. During this appointment, you and Dr. Cain will talk about your specific symptoms in detail. At the end of this visit, Dr. Cain will prescribe a homeopathic remedy, along with a detailed summary sheet of the previous two visits. Remedies are $8.
– Yes, you need both appointments. Dr. Cain has developed a program that she found works best for her and her patients. The 3.5 hours with Dr. Cain allows her to gather all important information needed to prescribe a homeopathic remedy.
– Over 8 years.
– No. Dr. Cain is a ND, MA. This means she is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor, but also has a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology.
– Dr. Cain has gone through the entire standard medical training that any standard MD or DO would complete. She even completed a residency in general medicine. She also has extensive training in additional vitalistic or “holistic” modalities.
– There is no licensure opportunity in the state of Michigan, yet. We are currently waiting for the bill to be passed.
– Dr. Cain is a licensed physician in the state of Arizona. She has all the same rights and regulations as an MD or DO.
– Dr. Cain is not a psychiatrist, however she was trained in psychiatry. She can only prescribe medications to patients in Arizona, while she is in Arizona.
– Dr. Cain will gladly work with your psychiatrist or counselor to best benefit your care.
– No. However, Dr. Cain will gladly work with any psychiatrist for coordination of care. This is completely up to the patient.
– Yes. Dr. Cain will work with children of any age. From pregnancy, newborns, toddlers, and older.
– Yes. It is called Principal Labs, and it is part of LabCorp. Dr. Cain will suggest labs that she would like ran, and we will work with you on price.
– Dr. Cain is solely seen as an educator in the state of Michigan. We advise you continue working with your primary care physician, if you decide to consult with Dr. Cain on health education.