Welcome to Health for Life!
At Health for Life Grand Rapids, we will work with you utilizing counseling services and integrative medicine to create solutions for the challenges you face. We believe that total personal transformation is possible. Looking for Counselors in Grand Rapids, MI? Health for Life Grand Rapids is integrative counseling office in Grand Rapids, MI featuring many talented counselors–each with their own specialization. We also have our own integrative mental health doctor here as well.
You Deserve The Best We will work with you to get the life you desire and help you get past a state of just surviving and into a place where you are thriving.
What We Can Do For You
The clinicians at Health for Life Grand Rapids can offer you the highest quality of counseling services and integrative health care in the Midwest. Health for Life Grand Rapids was founded by Dr. Nicole Cain and Paul Krauss MA LPC. Both have over a decade of clinical experience and are notable leaders in their respective fields.
Using the power of counseling and integrative medicine we can help you:
- Identify the root cause of why I feel the way I do
- Gain a greater sense of meaning, satisfaction, and enjoyment
in my life.
- Empower me with resources for achieving my goals
- Develop healthy new relationships or connect more fully in
my current ones.
- Get rid of my depression.
- Get the secrets for aging naturally and beautifully
- Improve intimacy and trust in my love life.
- Enjoy improved health so that I may taper and/or discontinue my
- Increase my ability to become a top performer and high achiever
- Get tools for improved blood circulation, organ health, and immune function.
- Learn how to handle anxiety, stress, and anger and feel better.
- Gain powerful integrative tools for living my best life.
- Thrive during challenging life transitions.
- Keys to surpass the status quo so that I can start truly living.
- Acquire a sense of wellbeing about my future.
- Become informed on health and wellness from a vitalistic and
- Start getting past my past.
- Get education on how I can live a longer and healthier life.
- Strive to find more fulfilling and balanced work
- Find the supplements that are right for you.
- Improve my self esteem and learn to treat myself with respect.
- Overcome self-destructive behaviors, addictions, and habits.
- Learn to have the healthy boundaries I deserve in relationships.
- Become more mindful and attain freedom from triggers
- Become more assertive and joyful.
- Improve my relationships with my children.
- Learn ways to live that will give me health for my whole life.
- Learn to deal effectively with anxiety.
- Understand the behavior of myself and others better.
- Improve my relationships with my parents.
After years of successful clinical practice in Arizona, Dr. Nicole Cain and Paul Krauss MA LPC opened Health for Life Grand Rapids, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, near where Paul was born and raised. They are passionate about providing powerful, safe, and effective tools to the Grand Rapids community utilizing counseling and integrative medicine.
Name - Nicole Vega
Client quote: “Nicole has been my health coach for almost one year. I am so grateful for her participation and encouragement in my journey as I continue to work towards my personal goals. Nicole has inspired me to be a better version of who I am through her passion and commitment in helping others. She has provided me with [...]
Name - Nicole Vega
Client quote: “I met Nicole in grad school. Her warm energy and compassionate soul made her very approachable. She’s always been health conscious, from clean nutrition to mental health stability. When Nicole reached out to me after I’d had my daughter, I was so relieved. I was looking for a way to take charge of my health [...]
Name - Dr. Cain
Dr. Cain was awarded the Doctors Choice Awards top 100 Doctors of the Year in 2016. She was also the winner of the Doctors Choice Awards Family & General Practitioner of the Year in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2016. She was awarded physician of the month in both August and September of 2016. http://www.doctorschoiceawards.org/nominees/dr-nicole-cain/
Name - Dr. Matthias
Professional quote: “Dr. Ronald Matthias has given a 5 out of 5 star rating on November 29, 2016 on Doctors Choice Awards: ‘Dr. Nicole Cain is an amazing physician. I had the good fortune of studying under her while in medical school. I am the doctor I am today in large part because of her. There is no better [...]
Name - Actual Patient
Patient quote: “Dr. Cain is different than any other clinician I have worked with. I know she really cares about me and she spent a lot of time with me working to understand my experience. When I started working with Dr. Cain I was taking 5 different medications and I have been able to discontinue all of them. I [...]
Name - Paul Krauss
Professional quote: "I'm pleased to recommend Paul as a talented and diligent therapist. During our time together as clinicians at Jewish Family and Children's Service, we facilitated adolescent therapy groups and staffed with each other regarding the clients and families we were both involved in providing services for. During these and other interactions, Paul consistently demonstrated professionalism, genuine care, [...]
Name - Actual Patient
Patient quote: “Paul, I think I know why I can be open with you and not all of the other counselors I have seen. Because I deep down truly and fully and in my heart BELIEVE that you CARE, about me, and about everyone. That is how you made yourself SO good at what you do. And that makes [...]
What We Believe
- The keys for success are found outside
of your comfort zone. We provide a space where leaders and high achievers can
identify and execute objectives for personal and professional advancement.
- If you can dream it we will work with you to achieve it. We believe that no matter your situation, your story is not over. We will help you write the next chapter.
- We believe that symptoms are an expression of a need for deeper healing and that depression, anxiety, social anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD, ADHD, eating disorders, and insomnia are clues to how that healing may need to occur.
- We believe that you deserve to have a sense of purpose in your life and work. Our clinicians have expert training in existential and career counseling.
- We believe that a quarter life or midlife crisis is an invitation to transformative healing. We will help you flourish and walk through that transformation.
- We believe you can overcome any traumatic experience and we have the tools to help you heal.
- We don’t believe in labels we believe in the potential of people.
- We believe healthy relationships are fundamental for a joyful life. Whether you are looking to form new relationships or are in need of deep healing from a broken relationship, we will equip you with skills for creating healthy and fulfilling relationships.
- We believe you are doing the best you can with what you have. We thrive at empowering our clients, and helping you to build confidence, positive self-esteem and healthy self-image.
- We believe that it okay to question the meaning of life, spirituality, your purpose, family patterns, and issues of life and death. We will stand with as a clinician and fellow human to assist you in navigating these difficult waters.